Thursday, August 27, 2009

So I know it has been awhile once again... One day I will be an excellent blogger...

Well we are finally getting all moved in to our place. It is finally feeling like a home. I will put pictures up soon when everything is completely organized... hopefully in the next few days.
We had a few fun last weeks in Arizona and California before we rushed back to Utah so I could start my job. It was so fun to be able to go relax in California with the family and be with my amazing husband! We cannot get enough of the beach! All Justin has been talking about is going back and living there. He really does love it.
So the day after we got back from California, we left for Utah. We were quite a scene driving the ten hours. We bought our bed in Arizona so we had to strap it onto the top of the bed of the truck to get it to Utah. At the beginning of the trip, we had to stop every fifteen minutes because the duct tape wasn't holding at the tarp would fly up. When we finally got to Flagstaff, Justin figured out a better was to keep it down and we duct taped it like crazy, so we were finally able to keep driving. We found out about 3 days before we came back that my job actually wasn't going to be starting that Monday, but since we were already packed up and ready, we decided to come back anyway. It was actually really good that the job didn't start because we were able to get everything moved in and spend a ton of time together. We are so lucky we have so much time just the two of us. We were really frustrated that my job wasn't starting right away, but it turned out to be the greatest blessing. We had so much fun spending every minute of every day together for two weeks. It's something no other couple really gets to do and will probably be one of the few times we will get to.
We both started school and work yesterday. Justin has a pretty hard schedule this semester. He is taking 17 credits and wanted to add one more class! He is crazy, but amazing, and he works so hard. The counselor he met with told him not to add anymore classes because he has two of the hardest classes in his major already in this semester. So he is going to stick to the classes he already has. He is a little nervous for his classes, but I'm sure he will do great!
It was only my first day of work yesterday and I was only there for a few hours, but I already love it! I am so excited about my job! I have my own little classroom called the "Readiness Room". It is exactly what it says. I have kids in there in the morning who have language disorders and I am getting them ready to be permanently in the real classroom. They are only with me for a few hours a day and then they go to their regular classroom. During the afternoon, I will be moving through different classrooms basically being the voice in the back of their head. If my kids are communicating in the classroom and have trouble with the "s" sound, I can say something like, "Don't forget your snake sound." It is all about observing though. That will be the biggest part of my job. Observe, observe, observe. I think I am really going to like this job! I could not stop talking to Justin about it yesterday and how much fun it was. I will be training for the next few weeks off and on and then the school starts on September 8th. We are so excited for this upcoming year! We know it may be stressful at times, but we will definitely figure out how to squeeze some fun in there together!



Our very fancy moving technique
I'm not that great at getting a good surfing picture, but this is the best I got.










The temple was closed, but we at least got a picture on the outside.



Mike and Jessica


Bentley, Tommy and Peter





No comments:

Post a Comment