Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

These past few weeks have really been wonderful! Justin had two weeks off of school and I had two weeks off of work (one of the many perks of working at a school)! So basically we got to spend every minute of every day together. There is no one I would rather spend this much time with.
One of the first things we got to remember during our break together was when we had gotten engaged a year ago. On Christmas Eve of last year, Justin popped the big question. It was so much fun to look back on that this year and reflect on how much we have grown together throughout the year. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband who makes me a better person everyday.
We stayed in Utah with my family for the holidays. It is much quieter around here than it is with Justin's family, which is nice, but we do miss the craziness as well. On Christmas Eve, my parents and Justin and I went skiing together. It was so much fun to be with family and do something we love together. That night we went to my Aunt and Uncle's house for our traditional Christmas Eve dinner. My aunt wanted to do something a little different this year, so instead of traditional turkey or ham, we had a big fondue party. I must admit, I was a little skeptical at first since I love tradition, but it turned out to be a lot of fun! On Christmas Day, we woke up and had our big breakfast as a family like we always do, and then opened up our presents. It was so much fun to just relax and be with family.
For New Years Eve, we all went to my mom and dad's house to bring in the New Year. Our friends Sam and Dallin came over too so we got to be with family and friends. I cannot believe it is 2010 already. We have had such a great past year. I graduated in April, we got married in May, and I got a wonderful job that I love and is enough to support us so Justin can really focus on school. These are just a few of the many blessings we have received in the past year. We are so lucky and so blessed in so many ways. We are so excited for this new year together! Justin is especially excited for his graduation at the end of the year, and I am excited to hopefully finally leave Provo! There are many things to come in our near future and we cannot wait!

2 comments: