Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Spontaneity

Spontaneity is a quality I have always wished I could be described as. However, I have never done anything too spontaneous to support that. Although it may not be extremely spontaneous to everyone, for Justin and I we exhibited great spontaneity a few weeks ago. After years of pleading, I finally convinced Justin that Disneyland is not just a place for kids. I grew up going to Disneyland at least once a year if not more. We were those people who had annual passes and knew exactly how to do Disneyland the very best. Justin was completely opposite of me and spent his family vacations relaxing on the beach or skiing down the mountains. Justin had only been to Disneyland twice in his life and really did not understand the fascination everyone had with it. One day, out of the blue, he looked at me and said, "I think we should go to Disneyland." You can only imagine the shock that came over me. My husband asking me to go to Disneyland??? We considered our options. We knew the best times to go were either September or October. We decided we could wait till next year or try to find a weekend within the next month that would work for us. We had company coming into town a week and a half later and we didn't want to go the weekend before Halloween. Our only option was the fast approaching coming weekend. We thought about it for a day or so and decided why not? We have no kids, no weekend obligations, and no regrets. We booked our hotel room at ten on Thursday night and left for Disneyland after work on Friday. Since we had limited time, we decided to do one full day at Disneyland, stay one more night, then come home. I don't think Justin understood the meaning of a FULL day at Disneyland that I referred to. We got to the park at 7:45 a.m. so we could be on Main Street when the gates opened and we didn't leave the park until 1:00 a.m. We strategically planned every ride with fast passes and short wait times. We did not sit down to eat or rest for more than 45 minutes the whole day. It was a very full day and we were exhausted... And our crazy hotel neighbors banging on our door at three in the morning did not help the exhaustion (I was sure in my dreamy daze they were going to break down our door and murder us, but I continued to lay in bed unfazed letting my exhaustion take over). It took us three days to recover from our "vacation", but it was well worth it. I have completely converted Justin... He is already asking when we can go back. It is a vacation we will never forget. And it helped me get a little closer to being a spontaneous soul.


Please ignore my disgusting hair in this picture... It was the only one we took in front of the castle and we didn't realize how bad it was until it was dark out.

In front of Minnie's house

In front of Mickey's house

Small World

Justin thought this was the best poster he had ever seen!

Last ride of the night... My very favorite!

Haunted Mansion



Just to prove that Carol really was the last car in the parking lot.

3 comments:

  1. Fuuuuuun!! You are beautiful!!! Remember when we entertained ourselves for hours in a box? Pretty sure that counts as spontaneous. I haven't been to Disneyland very much but I want to go back. I will know who to ask advice from when we are planning our trip when the time comes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I didn't count playing in a box for hours as spontaneous!!! You are totally right :) I was stalking your post the other day about Lord of the Rings and I was laughing so hard and thinking how cute you must have been all alone and yet so excited! Perfect Kelli moment :) Hope everything is going well with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! I'm so jealous Katey! I would love to go to Disneyland with my husband and have it be spontaneous and have it be all day long! So JEALOUS!!!! :) Miss you Katey!

    ReplyDelete